Pilsbury Bake Off $50,000 Grand Prize Recipe
Dublin Cheeseboard- Stuffed Appetizer Bread
This recipe won the The Pillsbury Bakeoff Contest #49 in 2019 Grand Prize of $50,000It was created by Melissa Jollands of Hudsonville Michigan. She was inspired by an Irish Pub Cheese Board. This appetizer features creamy honey goat cheese, white cheddar, and salami. Make sure to set it up like a cheese board and add dried apricots, arugula and fig preserves
- 1 can (11 oz )Pillsbury refrigerated French Bread
- 4 oz Irish white Cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
- 4 oz sliced hard salami, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 oz honey goat (chevre) cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fig preserves
- 1 package (6 oz) dried apricots, halved
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking pan with cooking parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place dough on work surface. Cut in half crosswise to make 2 (6-inch) loaves. Make lengthwise cut down center of each loaf to within 1/2 inch of bottom. Carefully pull apart dough and press to make 2 (7×5-inch) rectangles.
- Top each rectangle with Cheddar cheese, salami and goat cheese, to within 1/2 inch of edges. Bring long sides together over filling; pinch and roll top edge down to seal seam. Pinch and turn ends under loaves to seal. Place loaves in pan. Lightly brush loaves with water. Sprinkle with almonds and sea salt; press lightly to adhere.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on serving board or large platter, arrange arugula. Spoon preserves into small bowl; place on board. Cut filled loaves into 1-inch slices; arrange over arugula. Place apricots around bread slices on board.
for more information on this recipe Click Here