Go Bold with Butter Cookie Contest Winning Recipe
Melted Ice Cream Tiramisu Cookies
This recipe was the choice prize winner in the 2020 Go Bold with Butter Holiday Cookie Contest and was created by RaChelle H.The recipe includes melted coffee flavored ice cream, heavy cream, mascarpone cheese and butter. It is topped off with a chocolate covered espresso bean and a dusting of cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coffee flavored ice cream, melted to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored ice cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (or more for intense flavor)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 24 dark chocolate covered espresso beans
- Dutch processes cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until incorporated. Mix in melted ice cream; slowly add flour mixture until dough forms. To make dough easier to work with, place dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini (24) cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place 1 tablespoon of dough into each cup. Press dough flat along the bottom and up the sides. It doesn’t have to be perfect because you will reform them after baking. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven, while still hot use the back of a narrow glass such a thin shot glass to press down the middle of the dough. Bake for another 4 minutes. Slightly underdone makes a softer cookie. Reshape with glass if needed. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the topping, melt ice cream in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and stir in coffee granules. Set aside to cool.
- In a chilled metal bowl, whip heavy cream with hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add in sugar and whip until stiff peaks. Add vanilla and mascarpone cheese and whip until fluffy. Mix in coffee mixture.
- Place 1 tablespoon cream into each cookie cup. Top with a chocolate covered espresso bean and sift cocoa powder over the top.
For more information on this recipe visit http://www.goboldwithbutter.com