Egglands Best Recipe Winner Egg Pad Thai
Sriracha Lime Shrimp and Egg Pad Thai Noodle Bowl
This recipe was a bonus category winner in Americas Best Family Recipe Contest 2020 by Egglands best. The recipe was submitted by Chera L. from Texas
- 12 ounces stir fry pad thai rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Irish butter
- 3 large Egglands Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, divided
- 1 seeded jalapeno, diced*
- 1 8 oz jar gluten-free pad Thai sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, plus its juice
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup crushed salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 lime wedges
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, toss in sesame oil, and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil and butter and cook the shrimp over medium high heat with the lime juice, sriracha, and salt and pepper until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add butter to a large non-stick skillet and lightly scramble the Eggland’s Best eggs, about 3 minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- Heat same skillet over medium high. Add 2 teaspoons oil, once shimmers, add the carrots and cook a few minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, 1/4 cup sprouts, and jalapeno. Cook an additional few minutes, add the sauce, lime zest, juice, and tamarind paste. Lower heat to simmer, stirring often. Once sauce bubbles, toss in the shrimp, noodles and scrambled eggs. Place in serving bowl, top with remaining bean sprouts, peanuts, onions, cilantro, and jalapeno slices if desired.
- Serve this family style with the lime wedges.
for more information on this recipe visit https://www.americasbestrecipe.com/