Barilla World Pasta Championship Winning Recipe
Bucatini Pistachio Pesto
This Bucatini Pistachio Pesto recipe won the national round of the 2019 Barilla World Pasta Championships. It was created and cooked by Sean Turner
- 1 package Barilla Collezione Bucatini
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz basil leaves
- 2.5 oz Italian parsley leaves
- 2.5 oz fennel fronds
- 2.5 oz diced shallots
- 5 oz shelled pistachios, toasted, plus additional for garnish
- 5 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus additional for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, pulse lemon juice, herbs and shallots in food processor until almost a paste, scraping down side of bowl as needed. Add nuts, cheese and salt. Pulse until no whole nuts remain. With motor running, add oil in steady stream until well blended. Season with additional salt, if desired.
- Transfer pesto to large deep skillet. Add 1 oz. pasta water and pasta. Toss until well coated, adding additional water as needed.