Briannas Dressing 2020 Contest Winning Recipe
Saltimbocca Style Cheesy Steak Pinwhhel Rollups
Briannas Asiago Ceasar dressing shines in this delicious dish from the the 2020 Anything But Salad contest sponsored by Briannas Dressing and KPRC TV's Houson Life
- 1 top round steak (1-1 1/4 pounds, cut into 4-5 flat steaks each about 1/8" thick measuring 4-5" wide by 10-12" long)
- 1 teaspoon or more steak seasoning, divided
- 8-10 deli slices of Havarti cheese (cut 1/8" thick)
- 4 ounces thin sliced prosciutto, divided
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 pound log of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16-20 thin slices
- 1 teaspoon EACH salt and pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon or more Italian Seasoning, divided
- 8-10 Tablespoons snipped fresh sage leaves, divided
- 1/3 cup BRIANNAS Asiago Caesar Dressing, plus more for drizzling
- 5 tablespoons or more olive oil, divided
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lay one piece of steak on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle over each slice about 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon EACH salt, pepper, steak seasoning, and Italian seasoning.
- Lay 2 slices of the Havarti cheese end-to-end on top of steak. (There may be an inch or so at each end of meat that is not covered.)
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of snipped fresh sage evenly over top of cheese.
- Evenly divide slices of the prosciutto and spread one portion on top of cheese, covering as best as possible.
- Starting at the bottom, roll up each steak and secure with toothpicks dividing into 4-5 portions.
- Repeat process with remaining steaks.
- Slice each steak with a sharp knife into 4-5 equal portions (about 1 inch each), making 4-5 pinwheels from each steak roll. Reinforce with more toothpicks if necessary.
- In a small shallow bowl, blend 1/3 cup BRIANNAS Asiago Caesar Dressing, ½ cup sun-dried tomato pesto, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Brush or dip each steak pinwheel rollup into the dressing to cover entire pinwheel.
- Heat remaining oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until oil simmers. Add steak rollups to pan and brown for about 2-3 minutes on one side. (May need to slightly lower heat here). Add more oil if necessary.
- Turn steak pinwheel rollups over and put 1 round slice of the mozzarella cheese on top of each browned pinwheel. Put lid on pan and cook another 2-3 minutes until steaks are done and cheese is almost totally melted. Remove from skillet to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat process with all the steak pinwheel rollups until all are cooked. More oil may be added as needed to the pan.
- Place the cooked steak rollups on a warm serving plate. Remove toothpicks.
- Pour juices from pan over pinwheels. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and enjoy!
For more information on the Briannas Anything But Salad Recipe Contest CLICK HERE